About the Project
In December 2021, Apraava Energy strengthened its power transmission portfolio by acquiring 49% shareholding in Kohima Mariani Transmission Ltd (KMTL). Apraava further increased its stake to 74% in February 2023 and is due to take up the remaining 26% by the end of 2025. This has brought the company closer to its mission of building a sustainable end-to-end power utility.
KMTL is the owner of an interstate transmission project in north-eastern India, under a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) structure, that includes 400 kV transmission lines and a 400 kV gas-insulated substation.
Stories of Impact
Creating a hunger for education with centralised kitchen initiative in schools of Assam!
Basis a detailed assessment, high dropouts and low enrolments were observed in the schools of Jorhat, Assam. To address this issue, The Akshaya Patra Foundation and Apraava Energy, along with other partners, came together to set up a centralised mid-day meal kitchen that will serve nutritious meals to 25,000 children daily in 450 governments schools. It will ensure provision of healthy balanced meals to children and help them concentrate on learning.
Apraava Energy has provided a fund for INR 2.14 crore towards the design and construction of the kitchen premises and arrangement of necessary equipment.
At Apraava, every action we take is mindful of our impact on the environment. We are progressive in our efforts towards attaining carbon neutrality and climate consciousness through which sustainable energy solutions can be easily achieved.
Apraava Energy supports India’s ambitions of providing clean and sustainable energy to all in the development of a low-carbon nation. The company plans to explore investment opportunities in and other non-generation, customer-focused energy businesses.